– A dozen neighborhood restaurants: Brookland’s Finest, Steel Plate, Brookland Pint, Askale Café, Smith Public Trust, &Pizza, Barnes & Noble Café, Potbelly Soups & Salads, San Antonio Grill, Menomali, Brookland Café, Subway, Brookland Grill & more
– Arts Studio shops open to the public on weekends: 27 studios at Monroe Market on the other side of the Metro. Summer, spring & Fall this courtyard hosts a large outdoor foot markets, from artisan breads to cheese, vegetable to local farm meats, crafted candies to regional fruit.
– Three universities: Catholic University of America, Howard Divinity School, & Trinity University.
– Murals, Turkey Thicket playground & ball field
– Five hospitals very nearby: Providence Hospital, Washington Hospital Center, Children’s Hospital, Rehabilitation Hospital, Veterans’ Hospital.
– Historic character with beautiful old houses — More About Historic Brookland
– Public Recreation Center, Yoga classes, Bikes & Trail Downtown
– Bicycle path to downtown & bicycle rental: 5 blks.
– Bicycle path to downtown & 3 Capital Bikeshare locations in Brookland: 10th & Monroe; & 12th & Newton. More
– Fort Bunker Hill National Park: 3 blocks
– Franciscan Monastery Gardens: 3 bks, 14th & Randolph, free to roam, tour on Saturday, indoor Crypt tours by reservation. More
– Dance Place: classes and performances 4 blocks away. More
– Shakti Mind Body Studio: Yoga at 13th & Perry
– Turkey Thicket Recreation Center 6 blocks: olympic pool, ball field, playground, basketball court: Turkey Thicket Aquatic Center
– Excel Pilates: Pilates, Yoga & Zumba at Monroe and 8th: More
– Dragon Gate DC: Tai Chi Class beginner to experienced: More